Application & Interview Process
Full-time enrollment in the MA program at MiSPP begins in the fall semester only. For part-time enrollment, students may start in the fall, winter or spring semester. The ABA concentration can also be combined with the MA program. Admission applications are accepted year-round. Early applications are encouraged as space is limited. Applications are reviewed following the receipt of all required documents.
ABA Certificate Enrollment
Enrollment in the ABA certificate at MiSPP can begin either in the Spring or Fall semester. Applicants applying only for the ABA certificate must already have a Masters in psychology, education or behavior analysis. Admission applications are accepted year-round. Early applications are encouraged as space is limited. Applications are reviewed following the receipt of all required documents.
The application review process focuses on educational performance, letters of recommendation, relevant experiences, and the professional presentation of self in the application essays. After review, you may be invited for an interview. Upon completion of the interview, the Admissions Committee will make a decision regarding program admittance.
For MA, MA with ABA concentration, and PsyD applicants, the following items must be submitted to the office of admissions:
- Application fee: $75.00
- Current Resume
- Two current professional and/or academic recommendations (online form- link will be sent to you by Admissions Office)
- Official transcripts must be received from all schools where college credit was obtained, regardless if a degree was earned. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to MiSPP Admissions
- MA with ABA Applicants: A criminal background check needs to be completed
- Essay/personal statement addressing the following (2-3 pages):
- An autobiographical account tracking the development of your interest in psychology (include relevant work experience), your reasons for selecting MiSPP, and why you are a good match for our program.
- Self-directed learning and personal growth are emphasized at MiSPP. Comment on your readiness for this orientation, including examples of self-directed learning and personal growth endeavors.
- The strengths you would bring to this program and the areas in which you would like to increase your knowledge and skills, including short- and long-term goals.
- PsyD Applicants: GRE general test scores (school code: 1413)
ABA Certificate applicants must submit the following to the office of admissions:
- Application fee: $75.00
- Current Resume
- Official transcripts must be received from all schools where a college degree was obtained. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to MiSPP Admissions.
- Essay/personal statement addressing interest and experience in applied behavior analysis
- A criminal background check
All admissions materials must be sent to:
Michigan School of Professional Psychology
Office of Admissions
26811 Orchard Lake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
If invited to an on-campus interview, the Admissions Committee will address a number of important topics concerning the applicant’s potential to engage in graduate study.
Following the interview, a decision is made regarding the applicant’s admission and the applicant is notified of the committee’s decision. Should the Admissions Committee have additional questions or concerns, the applicant may be asked to return for an additional interview.
For PsyD candidates, interviews will begin in early March. For MA candidates, interviews begin in late January and applicants are encouraged to apply early for fall enrollment as seats are limited.
Upon completion of the interview process, applicants will be notified of the admission decision. Applicants who have been admitted to MiSPP are required to pay an admission deposit. This deposit confirms acceptance and holds a seat in the program. The deposit is credited toward first semester tuition. Those admitted to the PsyD and full-time Masters program are required to pay $500.00. Applicants admitted to the part-time Masters program are required to pay $250.00. Further information about the admission deposit will be given upon acceptance to MiSPP.