The Michigan School of Professional Psychology (MiSPP) is an independent, not-for-profit institution of higher education located in Southeast Michigan. The school is situated in Farmington Hills, a vibrant and diverse community, which is in close proximity to Lansing, Ann Arbor and Detroit – providing access to large cities as well as the beauty of rural Michigan. The surrounding communities provide access to affordable housing and compare favorably with other high-tech and industrialized regions around the nation.
MiSPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, culture, religion, gender, age, gender identity, transgender, socioeconomic status, national origin, language, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or disability in recruiting and admitting students, hiring employees, or in operating any of its programs.
MiSPP invites applications for Adjunct Faculty for the MA and PsyD Programs in clinical psychology.
For the 2016-2017 academic year, we are seeking adjunct faculty for both programs to teach the following content areas:
- Couple and Family Therapy
- Existential Psychology
- Psychological Testing & Assessment
- Ethics in Professional Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methodologies
The ideal candidate(s) will possess values and a vision consistent with the mission of MiSPP, commitment to the practitioner-scholar model of health services psychology and demonstrated excellence in teaching and clinical practice.
- Doctoral degree in psychology (PhD/PsyD); from an APA program preferred.
- Full license, or license eligible, in the State of Michigan or in state of residence.
- Experience in college level teaching; graduate level preferred.
MiSPP is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
A letter of interest with a brief description of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae and contact information for references should be sent to:
Fran Brown, PsyD, Program Director
Michigan School of Professional Psychology
26811 Orchard Lake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
MiSPP Seeks an energetic and innovative individual to fill the full-time staff position of Coordinator of Admissions and Student Engagement. As an integral part of the Student Service Team, the Coordinator of Admissions and Student Engagement is responsible for all aspects of admissions and reports to the Registrar/Director of Admissions and Student Services. Duties include monitoring and identifying best practices in graduate student recruitment/program marketing, participating in graduate school fairs and outreach initiatives, meeting with prospective students, conducting tours, and planning open house events. This individual collaborates with the Program Director, Master’s Program Coordinator, and other faculty in annually reviewing and updating program admission criteria and coordinates the application, interview, and selection process. Through external monitoring of trends in graduate admission and management of the enrollment process, the Coordinator is vital to the development of each entering class and reaching enrollment goals. In support of retention and the success of the student’s academic experience, this individual will develop and implement student engagement programming. The Coordinator will advise faculty and students on the development of student organizations and compliance with institutional policy.
- Identify best practices and recruitment opportunities for graduate and professional psychology programs in local, regional, and national/international markets as appropriate. Establish an annual recruitment plan.
- Represent the institution externally in recruitment and community outreach initiatives.
- Facilitate the complete admission process to include meeting with prospective students, managing all communications/interactions in support of application to the graduate programs, retaining and processing application paperwork, scheduling/coordinating admissions interviews and the selection process, and preparing newly admitted student for enrollment.
- Assist the Program Director in establishing the admissions committees and all admission criteria. Assist in facilitating appropriate discussion and decision-making with faculty regarding admission criteria.
- Monitor changes in the academic program to effectively recruit and admit individuals in line with institutional and program goals and expectations. Identify and coordinate necessary changes with the admission committees. Revises all admission/marketing materials as needed.
- Lead the planning and execution of new student orientation.
- Implement programming initiatives that support student engagement and retention. Oversee the approval of MiSPP student organizations, provide training on procedures and promote student involvement. Manage all associated budgets.
- Manage Student Workshops budget. Review and approve student applications for conferencing/professional development support.
- Assist in planning and implementing institutional events that foster relationships with graduating students and promote alumni engagement.
- Assist in identifying effective marketing/advertising strategies.
- Maintain close communication with other student services personnel in support of new student registration, financial aid, and clinical training.
- Monitor compliance with all admission standards; ensure final completion and accuracy of all files in support of admission audit.
- Utilize institutional information systems for entering, maintaining, and updating the admissions module. Provide ongoing enrollment reporting to administration.
- Facilitate and monitor social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc as needed. Manage the incoming students Facebook group.
- Office management, customer service, and administrative operations as needed in a highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in higher education/student services, preferably admissions, recruiting, or student advising
- Strong service orientation with collaborative work style and ability to work independently
- Highly motivated and energetic with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in use of technology including Word, Excel, and student information systems
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Ability to travel locally for recruitment activities; minimal travel outside of the metro-Detroit area is expected (particularly in the fall)
Wages and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefit package.
Applicants should complete the employment application and upload a cover letter and resume (within the application form).
Inquiries can be directed to:
Amanda Ming, MBA
Registrar/Director of Admissions and Student Services
Michigan School of Professional Psychology
26811 Orchard Lake Rd.
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
MiSPP is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.