Sustaining a Commitment to Community
Activities, programs, and services are developed to promote engagement among MiSPP Community partnerships. We offer psychological resources, clinical expertise, qualitative research and educational projects to local families, educators, policymakers, mental health professionals and the general public.
Through community outreach MiSPP engages students, faculty and alumni in cooperative and collaborative relationships by developing purposeful connections and community partnerships.
Goals of Community Outreach and Engagement
- To actively seek opportunities to contribute to the well-being of individuals and society through our leadership in humanistic and clinical psychology and the advancement of qualitative research.
- To identify community partners and develop long-standing and collaborative research partnerships.
- To engage in dialogue and active listening that reveals community-identified concerns.
- To be active and responsible members in our immediate and neighboring communities.
- To promote the coordination and the sharing of resources among various agencies and groups in the community to ensure the most efficient and effective delivery of information, ideas or services.
- To utilize our knowledge of research and practice to address issues of social justice, diversity, and/or inclusion.
This includes highlighting innovative endeavors; critically examining emerging issues, trends, challenges, and opportunities; and reporting on studies of impact in the areas of public service, outreach, engagement, extension, engaged research, community-based research, community-based participatory research, action research, public scholarship, service-learning, and community service.